Sunday, May 8, 2011

Your Body is A Blank Canvas Waiting to Be Painted.

Personally I love tattoos; I think that they are great pieces of art that people can literally wear. Yes, I do think that some people do get pointless tattoos, but there are others who do in fact get tattoos as a symbol of something greater than ink on your skin. Tattoos can serve as a purpose of defining yourself. Many times, people of certain groups are labeled by the art work on their body.

I myself want a tattoo/s however; I’ve been waiting to figure what exactly I want. I don’t want to get a tattoo with no meaning to me what so ever, I want it to be worth it. Since I’m going to have the tattoo on my body for the rest of my life I really need to make sure I love it 100% and that it’s meaningful to me. Tattoos are becoming an increasing fad amongst everybody but I do believe that certain tattoos can be meant to express yourself through art. Who is anybody to give the “proper” definition to art and say that tattoos do not fit the criteria?

H.C. Porter writes, “You can say anything that you want with a tattoo. It can be simple and sweet, or it can have hidden meaning behind it. For example; a rainbow tattoo. Is it a symbol of beauty, innocence and purity? Or is it an expression of sexual orientation?”

I agree with the above quote 100% tattoos can take simplicity and turn it into something that not many people truly understand, art. Here’s the web address to H.C. Porter’s article: http://hubpages.com/hub/Tattoos-A-form-of-Self-Expression


Many cultures use art forms similar to tattoos. Islamic cultures use henna when celebrating Eid, pregnancies, weddings etc. I admire henna to the fullest because I’ve seen it done and it takes a lot of patience and true artistic skills to create such a beautiful masterpiece.

Tattooing is a serious form of art that people under appreciate. It’s extremely hard to create such intricate and detailed “paintings” on somebody and I must give the artists props.
Don Ed Hardy

Christian Audigier
Don Ed Hardy, most famously known for his clothing line by Christian Audigier , was also an amazing tattoo artist. The clothing line is based on the great tattooing style that Don Ed Hardy has created and mastered. Not only can people wear the tattoos on their skin but also wear them in a less permanent way, through clothing.

Tattooing is great and I truly do admire and love it. I think that it’s a great way for people to represent themselves with hidden meaning which makes it even more special.
Many celebrities are also joining the tattooing world with their magnificent pieces of body art.

1 comment:

  1. i personally dont really want a tattoo but i do like them. i agree that people hould have a meaning to the backing of theyre tattoo. you are going to be stuck with it for the rest of your life you might as well make it worth getting. some people get them to just think they are cool but many do in fact have specific meaningful purposes like a death of someone special. (btw your first picture is crazy haha)

    ReplyDelete